After spending a week and a half at home with the family, I'm back in St. Louis busily getting last minute chores done before Induction (which begins Sunday at Saint Louis University). Writing this actually just reminded me that I need to go pick up my dry cleaning this evening! I still have several TFA assignments I need to get done today and tomorrow, and I still have stuff I need to move from my old apartment over to the house.
Here is the schedule for this summer:
-Induction (St. Louis) ... June 1 - June 5
-Institute (Houston) ... June 8 - July 12
-Orientation (St. Louis) ... July 28 - August 2
-School Begins ... August 18
The entire St. Louis contingent (100 strong for the '08 class) will be at Induction. Items on the agenda include an induction ceremony at the Arch, sessions that deal with how to make the most of the summer Institute, the TFA-STL support structure available to us, diversity training, our partnership with AmeriCorps, information on the Master's and certification programs, and a whole lot more.
At the Houston Institute, I will team-teach a summer school classroom with three other people. I will teach a one-hour lesson every day, as well as work with small groups during a morning "literacy hour." Besides being responsible for my class, I will attend seminars detailing things like lesson planning and instruction. The days begin at 5:30 and don't end until well into the night, so it should be a very tiring yet rewarding five weeks.
My goal is to update the website twice a week during Institute. So, check back often.
Friday, May 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment